Friday 12 July 2013

News Flash: Garden wall takes over building in Perth!!!!

My last post was about the creation of vertical gardens, or 'garden walls' as they are also know!

Just a quick report as a friend posted these pictures on Facebook today and I thought they illustrated one of the suggestions I made in the last post.





Not the clearest photo but it shows a cafe entirely enclosed in a wall of gardens! It uses the idea that I mentioned was also used in the 'Kitchen by Mike' restaurant in Rosebery; metal reinforcement grids enclosing terracotta pots.


This is a really effective use of easy to obtain materials and just goes to show that you don't have to spend a huge amount of money on fancy gardening to get a designer look!


This cafe is on St Georges Terrace in Perth and I don't know the name but I'm heading to Perth on Sunday so I'll try and find it and have a closer inspection.
(thank you Towie for these great pics....If I find the name I'll let you know!)

                                              Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment